Saturday 31 January 2015

Certification ceremony for “Koshish- skilling and empowering women with disabilities”


Sambhava Foundation distributed certificates to students who completed their training successfully, under our project “Koshish- Skilling and Empowering women with disabilities” on 2nd January 2015.

The project was implemented in partnership with Sarthak Educational Trust aimed at training and placement to 15 differently-able girls. The 3 months long program resulted in getting employment to 9 girls who are earning an average salary of INR 7000 per month. The remaining students are scheduled for interviews and hope to get placed by the end of January, 2015.

The ceremony also had dance and song performances by the students. Also, a short video was prepared depicting the journey of all in students in Sarthak. Personal experiences were shared by the girls which were heartwarming.

Before joining Sarthak, I was very introvert and was afraid of stepping out of the house. I was always thinking about being judged by people around me. It was rather a courageous act for me to join Sarthak, it changed me completely. Now I am more confident and able to converse properly. I am not afraid of people’s judgmental attitude and most of all I can travel to different places all on my own. Sarthak not only helped me being economically independent but also changed my personality. Now I have a new approach, a confident approach to this world. Most of all I thank Sambhava Foundation, for linking me to this program, for selecting and providing me financial and moral support to pursue this training. it give me immense pleasure to announce that today I am working with quicker.com and earning a monthly salary of INR 9,500. ”
                                                                                 -  Jyoti Gola (Orthopedically Handicap)

“Because of this Training program, I am now able to identify my abilities and use them effectively. I am open to learning new things and face challenges. I have developed and grown as a person. I really thank Sambhava and Sarthak for choosing me and believing in me despite my shortcomings. I am really happy and proud to tell you that now I am also an earning member of my family.”
                                                                                   -  Anjali Rajput (Hearing Impaired)

It was real proud moment for Sambhava Foundation, our girls showed real determination and courage. These girls who were once dependent on their family are now self dependent, instead they are adding on to the family income. It gives us immense pleasure that our efforts were brought to the shore of success. Sambhava hopes to continue making similar efforts in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment